Thursday, April 02, 2009

Star Wars mania

Timmy has caught the bug! The obsession with anything Star Wars bug. He got $50 for his birthday (part Mee-Mee and part great-grandma) and we finally let him spend some. This is the first time he's ever spent any money (usually it goes straight to the piggy bank and then to the bank account). Since the kids have all been house-bound, Timmy and I took time online to pick out just the right thing. It had to be Star Wars Lego and it had to have R2-D2. We all went out this morning for the first time since Saturday and Ben helped him build it when we got home. Tim actually did a bunch of it by himself, but there is good reason to list it age 7-12. He started looking for ways to alter it immediately after it was built.

In other news: Anybody out there have a label maker? Not sure why, but I've been wanting one for months. Staples has a Brother PT-1880 on sale for $20 through 4/4 (normally $50). I picked one up this morning with a gift card that my mom gave me for my birthday in 2008. Now what should I label? On the way to Staples, Ben asks, "so why exactly do you need a labeler?" My answer: "it will solve all of my organizational problems." :)




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the star wars legos! We still haven't let our kids watch it, although I bought some star wars socks with yoda on them at Target $1 spot yesterday. So soon...

I got a labeler last year and LOVE mine. I label everything--my food containers in the pantry, toy bins and buckets, scrapbook albums, file folders, FHE folders, etc. I use paper labels on the folders and white plastic on most other stuff. Enjoy!!!!

Laura Hennessee said...

Thanks for the ideas for labeling. So far, I've only just labeled some file folders. But they look so pretty!