Saturday, February 07, 2009

Rolling Over


Two days ago Joseph rolled over (finally!).  He'll be five months old in another week, so I felt like it was about time.  I love this stage.  His little personality is shining through with tons of smiles and laughter, but he can't actually go anywhere.  We haven't had to worry about baby-proofing yet.  It's going to be harder this time than the first two kids because now we have LEGOS (and kid k'nex, lincoln logs, and all sorts of little goodies).  No worries yet though.  I also love putting off solid foods until 6 months.  With Tim, I started a lot earlier (it was all new and fun then), but now I'm enjoying just nursing for awhile longer.  At his four-month appointment, the pediatrician (he is kind of old-school) recommended starting soon, but it's seriously easier for me not too.  I'll be feeding him every day for a long, long time and there just isn't a hurry.

Check out this video (this is my first attempt at posting a video). It was taken the day before he officially was rolling:  




4 comments:

Tom said...

He's getting so big - can't believe he's already 5 months old and we haven't seen him yet.

Christine said...

I am with you on waiting until 6 months to introduce cereal! I find it much easier as well.

YAY that he is rolling now...not much longer until you'll be chasing him all over the place!

Laura Hennessee said...

Renee -- you'll have to come visit! Let us know when you're coming and we can be sure Ben is off work :)

Maren and Dustin said...

And now he can roll over and just have at all those wonderful legos and other choking hazards! Yeah!