Wednesday, July 22, 2009

KOA camping, part 2

Lots of firsts last week. First time for the two younger kids camping, first time for the older kids riding on any kind of boat and it was the first time playing miniature golf. Timothy has a list that we keep of things he would like to do and this knocked off two of those.

In case you're curious, here are some of the things on Tim's list: (we started this list last spring right before he turned three)
go on a boat July 2009
go on an airplane
ride a horse 5/24/2008
eat a doughnut June 2009
have a campfire 3/2/2008
roast marshmallows 3/2/2008
go camping May 2009
ride on a whale
ride in a pick-up truck
ride in a tow-truck
climb a tree
go to a movie theatre (7/2008)
ride in a submarine
ride a motorcycle
ride a train Aug 2008
ride in a horse-drawn carriage
play mini-golf July 2009
fly a kite
If it has a date next to it, it has been done. I think most of these are pretty reasonable. Well, maybe not the whale riding. This list was actually pretty helpful for awhile. He would say something like, "I wish I could ride a motorcycle." And I would say, "well, let's put that on your list." Somehow, that helped his longing.




Carolina had an interesting technique. She'd hit the ball a few times and then set it right next to the hole and tap it in. When she got to the last hole, she climbed up in the cage to make sure it went right in the hole.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

FUN!!!! I love the list! That's a GREAT idea! I think you can fork out a bunch of $$ to ride dolphins at Sea World...is that close enough to a whale? :)

And next time I go mini-golfing, I think I'm going to try Carolina's technique! Love it!! :)