Saturday, September 12, 2009

Birthday boy!

Little Joseph's first birthday was today -- the year sure went by fast!

I felt like a slacker mom today because I didn't make a big enough deal about the day. We're going to have cake tomorrow with his grandma and tonight we went to Pizza Hut for dinner and presents. Believe it or not, I wanted to keep things simple on purpose. It's all about keeping my sanity. Anyway, he loves pizza.



The other day I wondered what life would be like if he was our first baby. I decided that life would be a little boring because he's just not very demanding. And I also told Ben that "we would think we were really good parents." He's that sweet.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Joseph!!! And you ARE really good parents. But I have this theory, that the Lord almost always sends the easier kids as 2nd or 3rd children, to give moms a break. Or perhaps BEING the 3rd kid makes them learn patience and how to be easygoing, because they just have to be! :) Either way, he's adorable, just like your other two, and I think you should have a dozen more!

j/k

Yay for Pizza Hut! As long as you took a picture of him on his birthday, you're good.

Or even the day after, like I did this year (oops!)

Nay said...

Happy Birthday Joseph! I love simply birthdays :)

Deon said...

I can't believe he is a year old. I love that photo of Ben and Joseph. Precious!!

Maren and Dustin said...

Really- why make a huge deal out of every birthday?(Especially when they're too young to know or care.) You got a picture and you did something fun as a family, sounds like a pretty ideal birthday to me! And he looks pretty happy about it!