Monday, May 10, 2010

May 4: Gettysburg

More fun with preschool friends. We spent a good part of the day in Gettysburg on Tuesday. Lots of rocks to climb, history to appreciate and then shopping afterwards. During our picnic lunch, poor Carolina stepped on a big bumble bee and got stung. She was such a trooper about all of it. She insisted on continuing on to the outlets and then ended up completely passed out in a stroller (we gave her half a benadryl, wow!).

You know, even with the struggle to keep my three young'uns corralled and safe, I was still able to feel the solemnity and spirit of Gettysburg. It is a beautiful and hallowed ground.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It looks like a beautiful day, and a beautiful place. I hope to go there someday! Will you take me? :):)

Hilary said...

i always loved going to gettysburg. and my favorite restaurant ever is there - the dobbin house.

Laura Hennessee said...

Rebecca -- I would love to take you to Gettysburg anytime!!
Hilary -- I really need to check out that restaurant. Thanks for the recommendation!