Sunday, May 25, 2008

What I've been up to...(Part 2 of 4)

Okay, here's the second installment.  I'm up at 3 in the morning (been up for hours) with a head cold.  I rarely get sick and I'm just not so good at managing it.  I really want to make it to church in the morning.  The kids aren't feeling so good either (one of them woke me up), so the whole deal is kind of iffy, especially with Ben working.





  • Little trips all by myself -- I decided I really needed to make time for just me.  I've gone to a nearby antiques mall (my kind of mall), some yard sales, fabric store, yarn store, and more.  I'm trying to come up with other stuff that doesn't involve shopping.  I consider myself a fairly disciplined shopper and sometimes come up completely empty-handed or maybe just a few dollars spent.  When Ben starts a more predictable schedule someday, I will plan on taking classes and volunteering. 

  • We've been going to the library every week pretty much since we moved here.  Sometimes more frequently.  Sometimes we make it to storytime.  With Carolina shifting to one nap a day, that will happen more and more.  We check out lots of books and movies for the kids and for the grown-ups, I get home improvement books, knitting books, fiction, and magazines.  I rely heavily on the library website and order things from within our county system and on interlibrary-loan through the state.  It is so super and I'm sure saves us money.  Don't tell the librarian, but we have 60 books checked out right now.  No worries though, I keep careful track of it all and we've paid less than $2 in fines since last August. 

  • Sheep & Wool Festival 2008: We've made it an annual trip for five years now.  Lots and lots of yarn, enormous crowds of people, some sheep, alpacas, llamas and a sheep-dog demonstration.  It's really kind of fun.  I found some nice wool for pretty cheap.  It will someday turn into a sweater or maybe just gloves, mittens, hats, etc.




Powered by Qumana


3 comments:

Deon said...

You have been busy! It's a great idea to make trips out by yourself - good for you! And, I love the bird house!

Rebecca said...

Hmmm, I just read "The Diplomat's Wife" a newer book by somebody I can't remember their name. :) It was really good. Sad at the beginning, but it had a happy ending. That's my requirement for books. I hate sad endings. :)

Laura Hennessee said...

Thanks, Rebecca. I'll have to check that book out. I like happy endings too.