Monday, May 26, 2008

What I've been up to...(Part 4 of 4)


  • Mother's Day: Ben and Timmy picked out some beautiful roses online and had them delivered to me the Friday before.  That was so sweet!!  On Mother's Day, Ben declared it "Mama's Day" and I wasn't allowed to cook or anything.  Tim thought it should be "Timmy Day."  Even at our lunch time prayer, he said "Thank you that it is Timmy Day."  What a goof!




  • Fabric Row in Philadelphia.  Check out my sister's blog for how it went.  I really enjoyed spending time with my grandma, mom and sis.  It was super that Ben was so willing to watch the kids all day.

  • Stake Relief Society service project: We are making quilts with flags on them for the servicemen and women recovering at Walter Reed Hospital.  I volunteered to piece a top (already cut out) before the Saturday activity.  Then on Saturday, I volunteered to bring one home to finish.  It only took me two weeks to finish it!




  • We welcomed little Emma Grace home!  My niece finally came home from the hospital after being there nearly six months.  She was born premature at 25 weeks and only 1 pound, 10 ounces.  I think that I will forever be amazed that something so tiny actually can survive with help from modern medicine and, of course, Heavenly Father.  Tim declared that Emma was home finally because of all the prayers he said for her.  He rarely let a prayer slip by without remembering and reminding us if we forgot.  She is about 7 pounds in the picture.




  • A recent Ikea trip: We had not been in a couple years and this was the first time we could drop Tim off at the play area.  He had fun and we could zoom through a lot faster.  I really enjoy roaming the maze they have looking at all the fun rooms, etc., but we rarely buy anything.  The designs are cool, but, to me, the quality is questionable.  We have a dresser from there bought when Tim was born that is broken in two places now.  If we had never moved it, it would be just fine.  I guess it's been moved four times now.  It's not real wood, of course.  This trip we bought two pieces of furniture: a small bookcase for Carolina's room and a long table for our front hall.  I had been dying for these types of pieces for a long time.  And I love them!  Carolina now can pick out her own books to read.

    Before & After:



Hall table:




Powered by Qumana


4 comments:

Tom said...

Love the flag quilt. Love your IKEA purchases especially the black table. Most importantly, what great news about Emma Grace coming home-glad to hear she's healthy and gaining weight:) So cute about Tim not forgetting to pray for her what a dedicated cousin he is to her. Your teaching him right :)

Hilary said...

Whose baby is she? Love the table. Ellen is addicted to Ikea. I wish we had one around here.

Laura Hennessee said...

Emma is the second child of my baby brother Rick and his wife Jen. The girls in the picture: Sophia, Emma, and Carolina. Aren't those such girly-girl names?

Rebecca said...

Beautiful names. I love the name Emma--it's been "my" girl's name since I was first pregnant, but still haven't used it--may never. A big congratulations to her family! Having a preemie is so tough--my girls were only in the nicu for 5 weeks, but I know it's tough. She's beautiful and I hope she continues to grow stronger!

I love IKEA, too, but Wally hates shopping there. I really love that table--and I know the perfect place it would fit in my front room! :)

Way to go on all the blogging--beautiful flowers, and I'm so impressed with that quilt! What a great service project. It looks incredible!