Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Okay, so I'm 33 years old now. No big deal. I used to look forward to my birthdays, but this year I am just totally neutral about the whole thing. Maybe I'm just glad to be healthy and happy and I couldn't ask for a better bunch of kids and husband. We went out for sundaes last night and then to dinner tonight. We didn't plan very well for a babysitter (we still haven't quite figured babysitting out) and so Ben stayed home with the three kids and I went to the adult session of stake conference. It was really good and I was glad I could go.

Here's a picture of me from sometime during my first year of life.


For the record, I received two birthday cards -- one from my brother Rick and his family (they are really good at cards) and the other from my grandma. I've received a bunch of online well-wishes, so I'm really not complaining at all. No presents, but the promise of a new watch from my husband and kids. Timmy and I have had a couple of recent conversations about what he and daddy should get me for my birthday. Several weeks ago, he told me that I needed "a big red mixer that goes really fast like the one on t.v." You know the one. A couple of days ago he suggested a princess dress for me, so I can play dress-up with Carolina. He's pretty thoughtful. :)

This was taken this evening as Ben and the kids sang to me right before I left for the stake center. I don't look much older, do I?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Deon said...

NO presents??? Dear dear, come on, Ben!! Ha ha - I saw you tonight and wanted to tell you Happy Birthday to your face but I missed you. And, we want to babysit for you sometime!!

Christine said...

YAY! Happy Birthday to you..you can't beat hanging out with your hubby and great bunch of kids. I am glad you got to go to Stake Conference, we need to coordinate better, because Todd went from our family and I could have watched all the kids so you and Ben could have gone together - I wasn't thinking! Next session we will do that! Happy Birthday, glad you had a good day.

Tom said...

Yesterday I kept telling myself I needed to call you and then something would happen-So Happy Birthday a day late. You look fantastic as always. To bad we don't live next door to each other and could swap babysitting. I know I miss that as I'm sure you do too. Someday :)

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't look older at all! You look just the same as when we graduated, I think. Just lovely. I'm glad you could do some fun stuff--and you definitely need presents!!! :) As your kids get older I'm sure they'll get even better at picking out gifts for you. Although I love the princess dress idea--that's so cute! :)

Maren and Dustin said...

You don't look a day over 25, and if everyone aged as well as you did, I'm sure a lot less people would worry about it!