Friday, May 01, 2009

Random updates

* I love spring, how about you? It is, without question, my favorite time of year. We bought this little bleeding heart last year and it was so little. Now it grows bigger every time we look at it. It's probably doubled since I snapped this picture (with my cell phone).

* Okay, so things did not go as well as the first night with
Carolina's pacifier weaning. It wasn't too horrible, but there were some difficult moments. I threw the things away, so there has been no going back. I think she's just fine now.

* Speaking of "no going back," we are in our fourth week of
potty-training her. I would have figured we'd be done way before now. More successes than failures, so we're continuing. My goal is to have her in underwear at church (not this week though). Yesterday she was at nearly 100%. And we even went out for a couple of hours. Then this morning it was the complete opposite. Puddles everywhere. I'm glad for the laminate flooring.

* I thought that
Joseph's face was still looking kind of rough even without much dairy in my diet, so I started consuming milk a couple of days ago. (Ben also bought WAY too much milk and I didn't want him to feel bad when it came to pouring it down the drain in a week). His face has really broken out today, so I think I'll go back to no milk. It's funny because I feed him cheese and yogurt and he seems fine after those foods.

*
1-800-CONTACTS: My new best friends. I really goofed up one day. When I received a package of 8 boxes of contacts ($$$) for both me and Ben, I realized I had given them the wrong zip code. No big deal, it just delayed it by a day or so. Then, Ben opened up the box a couple days ago and informed me that they were all the wrong prescriptions. I ordered positives instead of negatives (3.00 instead of -3.00, for instance). Aaah! I called them up and they are sending the right ones and a packing slip for us to send the wrong ones back, no charge. Happy day! I also realized that I had given them the wrong area code for my phone number. Usually, I am really pretty careful and try hard to proofread. No idea what was going on that day. Oh, and I swear that girl on the phone was in Utah. Can anyone confirm that the call center is there? She definitely had the accent, etc.

* So our
Camry A/C light was blinking and no A/C this year. We looked up the problem online and found an easy fix with a part that cost $45. I love the internet! Apparently, this is a super common problem and Toyota had issued a service bulletin a few years ago.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deon said...

yep - 1-800 contacts is in utah! Richard's sister's sis in law works there. I am glad the pacifier situation is working out! Woo hoo! Another hurdle.

Bonny said...

I think yogurt is totally different than milk in terms of how your body reacts to it b/c the milk proteins are predigested when the culturing happens (or something like that). I'd have to look up the specifics, but I think it's a lot easier for human bodies to tolerate and digest than straight milk.

Maren and Dustin said...

Do you actually wear contacts Laura? I remember when you got them the first time and you couldn't put your finger in your eye! Didn't Jen Pen have to help you? And the 1-800 Contact place is right off the freeway in Sandy, I think! That's funny that you noticed the accent! You're such a good mom to give up milk/dairy. I don't know if I could do it!