Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Momentous occasion



No pappy last night for the little girl. Finally. Her pacifier was only used at night or nap, but she had started to get a little obsessed. More than once I caught her in her bed sucking at random times during the day. I felt like I was dealing with an addict. So we pulled the plug. And you know what? She stepped right up and was so mature about the whole thing. I let her have the hall light on and she stayed in her room for over an hour doing puzzles in her bed, finding her own way to wind down. She didn't complain, she didn't cry, and she didn't come downstairs once. Ben and I were both super-impressed. I'm about to put her down for nap, so we'll see if this is still a positive thing.

In other news, she thinks she is a princess. We were having a discussion about our aging, little townhouse last night. One day we will probably get a bigger home. Trying to be content with out home now, I said, "I like our home." And Tim (who loves it here), agreed with me. And I said something like, "It's not like I want to live in a castle or anything..." And Carolina says, "I want to live in a castle. I'm a princess." The most hilarious things come out of this two year old's mouth. If you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, she says, "mac & cheese."
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tom said...

way to go little miss Carolina! Carolina you are one cute girl-what 2 year old girl doesn't think she is a princess!

Unknown said...

we just unplugged brennan too. he asked for it a couple nights, but we told him he was too big and he was fine with that. it's always easier than i think it will be.

Hilary said...

that last comment was me. i guess i was still signed into dave's account.