Thursday, August 21, 2008

Big news!

So, Ben has accepted a new job. This is going to be a huge change for the whole family. He'll be moving from a neurosurgery/neurology position at a big hospital 35 minutes away, working 14-hour shifts, nights and weekends included. He started looking for his new job earlier this year, mostly to get away from working nights and Sundays. He had a bunch of interviews with nearly as many job offers, but felt like he should turn down every single one of them. He was getting a little discouraged and then a family practice job less than half a mile from our home was posted on one of the job sites. Yay! Of course, they liked him -- he'll be starting there a couple weeks after the baby is born. The hours are great. Now, the kids will be able to see him every day!

So this map shows our home (the house), our church (the sun), his work (the red cross), grocery store and even the school that Tim will start attending in two years. Everything within a half mile of home -- Amazing!! (just eight more shifts left -- half are nights)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Deon said...

Yay!!!!! I am so happy for you - that makes it tempting for us to switch neighborhood doctors! What a wonderful thing!
So I guess Ben can now teach EVERY Sunday. Hmm.... I think I'll ask to be released. Hahahahaha.

Tom said...

Hey that's wonderful. We are so happy for you. It is all about time. Sounds like the overall quality of life is going up in the Hennessee home.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations--that's fabulous news. I love the map you made! With 3 little ones, it will be so much better for your family to have Daddy around. Hurray!!!!!

Jennifer Hannan said...

Time to trade the Acura in for a bike. We all know it's worth about the same. Just kidding. Enjoy having Ben close. We may never know the feeling.

Laura F said...

Sounds like a little slice of perfect - the map adds a lot to your post, too. :-) It's fun keeping up a little with you and your family - how are you feeling these days? Looks like you've been busy!

Laura Hamisch said...

Hi Laura,

I just joined facebook and have been catching up with all our Riviera roommates. I have been hunting for you wondering how you were doing. I finally tracked down your married name (I couldn't remember) and then found your blog in a google search. You look great. What a cute family you have. Garrett and I are in San Jose California and are doing really well. Garrett is the Regional Facilities Manager for the Northern California division of Wyndham Vacation Ownership and loves it. I finished my masters and am a at-home mom for our 7 month old son Caden. I can send photos if you give me your email. I am just so happy to find you.

-Laura Hunter Hamisch
laurahamisch@gmail.com

schecchia said...

Laura, I just found your blog through Hilary's. I am so happy to re-connect! It seems I've missed some key events. Your family is so big now! Congratulations! I will save your blog and check in from time to time. Big hugs, Sonia