Saturday, August 16, 2008

Carnival time

I really like living in a small town and here's proof -- a Carnival that is very accessible, not too expensive, and just the right size for our family. Carolina takes a while to warm up to new things. She wanted to get on the rides, but then would try to throw a fit when we tried to get seated. She's 'miss independent' and likes to make her own decisions about everything. Both kids had fun though!

This made for a long day -- Philadelphia in the morning until afternoon and the carnival in the evening. Ben is such a good sport! He's been working long days (or nights sometimes) and lately has not been able to enjoy a "stay at home" day like the kids and I do. About once a week, I just announce in the morning that it is a "stay at home" day and the kids know we are just playing at home. They know not to even ask "where are we going today?" I get so much done on these days!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tom said...

I would also be ready for a "stay home day" after going to Philly and then the Carnival, but then again I'm ready for one of those days if I take both kids to
wal-mart:)

Anonymous said...

Kathleen just let me know-you have another boy! Congrats to you and Ben. And congrats to you on Ben's new position. Randy just signed a contract to be an ER resident at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx. Better shifts, etc... and noooo pager! Take care and know that we are thinking of you!

Love, Linda Grant