Wednesday, March 25, 2009

audiobooks

Anyone else listen to audiobooks?  I'm looking for recommendations. I read all sorts of stuff, but especially like fiction (historical and lately post-apocalyptic stuff).  Books on CD make unpleasant tasks like mopping the floor go by tons faster.  I just finished listening to the entire "Uglies" series by Scott Westerfeld.  That was great.  I've found some books to be not so stellar.  The thing is, it's got to be a clean book.  I'm kind of a stickler for that and the 2 and 3 year old will sometimes be listening. If you're not into audiobooks, you totally should try it.  As soon as the weather warms a little, I plan on running to a book.

2 comments:

Tom said...

We just listened to the book "the last lecture" by Dr. Randy Pausch (sp?) we got it from our library.

Boo said...

Have you tried any classics yet? Sometimes it's difficult for me to concentrate on archaic English, but audio books really help. Plus, they're clean.