Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Doctor appointment #2

Timmy had his annual check-up on Friday too. Our pediatrician told me that my kids are really good and he said he meant it because he sees lots of kids. That makes me feel better because in my eyes they really are a wild bunch. Our pediatrician always gives them "A++" on my take home report. Tim is growing and doing pretty good. Our only concern from the appointment is that he did not pass his vision screening. 20/50. It's certainly possible that his eyes aren't that bad and he was just having trouble cooperating. We've already decided that all of our children will be near-sighted. Ben's vision is pretty terrible and my parents and all seven of us kids are near-sighted. I didn't expect my four-year to wear glasses though. Not a big deal -- life could be worse.

I'll never forget a women in a previous ward who related how people would tell her how sorry they were that her five-year old had to wear glasses. And the mom was like -- "Hello??? I'm just glad they have the ability to diagnose and treat her at this age."

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan was 4 when she started wearing glasses. We're going for contacts for her 12th birthday.

Laura Hennessee said...

I think 12 is a good age for contacts. We're definitely going to try to help our kids be ready when they get to that point (if they want!) Megan's birthday is coming up soon, right?