Friday, March 20, 2009

Bedroom stitching

So for the last ward Young Women in Excellence activity, I had responsibility for the "integrity" table. I wanted to complete a personal progress project and have something to display, so I created this in just a day or two. The felt flowers came store-bought via my grandma. The pink fabric was once a vintage napkin. The whole project was pretty easy.

As a side note, I was the YW secretary at the time and in January I found myself with a new calling. I'm now the enrichment counselor in the ward relief society. When the bishop called me, he told me that I was "uniquely qualified." I didn't call him on it, but seriously, how am i uniquely qualified? Then it came to me -- I LOVE ENRICHMENT. I think that's all it takes. So, I'm a little less nervous about the calling. But, if any of you wonderful sisters out there have ideas for activities, pointers, things that work or don't work in your ward, etc., please, please, please let me know!



(excuse the messy animals)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Promises to Keep said...

Did you do the flowers too? These are way cute! You are very crafty!
I can do the stitching but someday will you teach me the flowers?
Aileen